MARTA Accessibility Committee
The MAC was established to assist MARTA by:
- Connecting MARTA and the diverse communities it serves to achieve a greater awareness of the transportation need of seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Developing and suggesting procedures to identify and correct potential accessibility deficiencies in facilities, programs, services and communications.
- Advising MARTA on issues surrounding individuals with disabilities and seniors and recommending appropriate steps.
- Providing recommendations to improve access to MARTA programs and services.
- Jorge Urrea – Committee Chairperson
- Dr. Brad Fain – Principal Research Scientist, Chief, Human Factors Program Office – GA Tech Research Institute
- Mark Gasaway – Representing the Hearing Impaired
- Monica L. Manns – Recruitment & Intake Unit Manager, All About Developmental Disabilities
- Jimmy Peterson – Executive Director, Georgia Center of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing, Inc.
- Ike Presley – Project Manager of Professional Development, American Foundation for the Blind
- Brent Reynolds – Representing the Blind
- Kakwete Sibetta – Associate State Director, Community Outreach, AARP
- Leonard Stinson – Representing Cognitive/Developmental Disabilities
- Gladys Taylor – Representing the Seniors
- Annette P. Walker – Director, Atlanta VA Medical Center
III. 2018 MAC Meeting Schedule
- January 9, 2018 – Closed Work Session
- March 13, 2018
- May 8, 2018
- July 10, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- November 13, 2018
Meetings will be held at the MARTA Headquarter Building at 2424 Piedmont Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM.